Monday, October 10, 2011

Korea Trip

Sarah and I went to Korea Aug. 5 - Aug. 17. We posted some pictures from the trip on Facebook, but I know that not all of our friends have Facebook, so I thought I'd post a link to a few of them here:


Korea Trip

Just FYI: We were in Korea because Bennion wrote a paper and it got accepted in the the Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems which was being held at Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea. I snuck into his presentation on the last day and he did AWESOME! Dr. Brown and I both thought so. -Sarah

I'll give a quick overview of where some of these pictures are from.

A lot of the first ones are from the Korean Folk Village. It's in one of the suburbs of Seoul, but had a lot of fun shows and old buildings to show what traditional life was like in pre-modern Korea. We had a couple of pictures from Cheonggyecheon, a cool river right in downtown by the Gyeongbokgung palace. That's the palace where we have photos of us next to a pond and a pagoda. We also have pictures from the Korean War Museum, Namdaemun market, Jogye-sa temple, and the Coex Aquarium.

We also have some good video footage of Seoul, so someday when I get around to it, I'll clip together a video and post it on youtube. Since my parents just gave me VideoStudio Pro X4 for my birthday, that day might be sooner than later ;)

Well thanks for reading. Feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment